Q: Can I use patches for Omnisphere 2 with Omnisphere 1?
A: Omnisphere 2 patch collections are not compatible with previous versions of Omnisphere. You will need at least version 2.1 before you can install any third party patch collections. Registered Omnisphere 2 users can update for free from their Spectrasonics account.
Q: I'm getting the error "Unable to read Omnisphere package (3a)", what do I do?
A: This can happen when the .omnisphere file isn't located on the same hard drive as your STEAM folder. For example, if you are loading it from a thumb drive. Try moving a copy of the .omnisphere file to the same hard drive as your STEAM folder (don't put it in the STEAM folder) and repeat the installation process. It's also possible that you need to update your version of Omnisphere to 2.1 which is required for third-party patch installation.
Q: Will Ascension, EDM-Fire, EDM-Ignition, EDM Eclipse-Lunar, and EDM Eclipse-Solar,
work with Omnisphere 2?
A: Yes! Installation for these titles is the same for both 1.5 and 2. If you are upgrading to Omnisphere 2 with the patch libraries already installed you don't need to do anything.
Q: How do I access the STEAM folder in MAC OSX?
A: In OSX 10.9 (Mavericks), the "Libraries" folder is hidden by default, you will need to un-hide it in order to access it, and get to the STEAM folder. To do this, click on your User Name in the Finder window. Next, click the "gear" icon (shortcut: Command+J) and in the drop-down menu, select "Show View Options". A new window will pop up with several tick-boxes. At the bottom, check the "Show Library Folder".
OS 10.7 and 10.8 (Lion, Mountain Lion) users can unhide the "Libraries" folder by reading this great article on the subject: HERE
Q: How do I load the ILIO patches into Spectrasonics Omnisphere?
A: Please read the installation guide, located in the zip file you downloaded.
Q: Why am I not seeing these patches in Omnisphere?
A: Please follow this checklist:
1. Make sure you have downloaded and installed all the latest updates from your Spectrasonics User account for Omnisphere. ILIO patches require Omnisphere version 1.5.8 or higher. You can do that: HERE
2. Make sure you do not have a folder called "ILIO Libraries" located inside the "Patches" folder. If you do, you need to update your patches: HERE
3. Make sure you don’t have multiple "STEAM" folders. In some cases users have reported having multiple instances of the "STEAM" folder on different external hard drives. Only ONE path can be utilized so if you placed the patches in a "STEAM" folder that is not active, the patches will not be read.
Here is an example of the default installation path for the "STEAM" folder:
OSX: Macintosh HD/Users/Library/Application Support/Spectrasonics/STEAM
In most cases, you will have loaded all your Omnisphere data files on a secondary or external hard drive. The aforementioned paths will then include an alias/shortcut to the correct path.
One way to test which path is being utilized is to load any patch in Omnisphere, then save that patch by clicking the "Utility" icon at the top left, and selecting "Save Patch". You’ll need to select a sub-folder inside the "User" folder (selected for you by default). For testing purposes, simply give your patch a new name and save it to one of the available folders. Next, click the "Refresh" button (circle arrow), located at the bottom of the "Patch Edit" screen.
You should now have a "User" Directory in the "Directory" drop-down menu. Now, navigate to the /STEAM/Omnisphere/Settings Library/Patches directory in Finder/Explorer to locate the patch you saved. If it exists, you are in the right place. If not, you need to do some more sluething to find the right path.
4. Make sure you have restarted your DAW, along with Omnisphere. Again, try clicking the "Refresh" button (circle arrow), located at the bottom of the "Patch Edit" screen if you did not perform step 2 above.
5. Make sure you are clicking on the "Patch" screen and NOT the "Multi" screen. The "Patch" screen is located directly underneath the "Omnisphere" logo (the "Multi" screen is located above the logo).
5. Try restarting your entire computer as a last resort.
Q: Why can I only see one ILIO Patch Library when I have more than one installed?
A: Navigate to the following path (make sure Omnisphere and your DAW are not running):
OSX: Macintosh HD/Users/Library/Application Support/Spectrasonics/STEAM/Omnisphere/Settings Library/Patches
Windows: C:\ProgramData\Spectrasonics\STEAM\Omnisphere\Settings Library\Patches
Make sure you do not have a folder called "ILIO Libraries". If you do, you need to update your patches: HERE
Locate the file "prt_omn.index" and RENAME it to "prt_omn.index.back". Restart Omnisphere and click the "Refresh" button (circle arrow), located at the bottom of the "Patch Edit" screen. All your ILIO Patch Libraries should now show up, and a new "prt_omn.index" file will be created. You can then delete the "prt_omn.index.back" file.
Q: How can I re-download my patches?
A: Please fill out our online form: HERE
How do I install ILIO S.A.G.E. Xpanders?
If you have MAC OS 10.7 or later, please follow the installation instructions below:
- Put the first Xpander disc in your drive and open it.
- Find the SAGE Folder on the disc. Navigate to the following directory: SAGE Libraries/EXP Libraries and locate the "Xpander Name.db" file here.
- Navigate to the SAGE folder on your computer's hard drive. It's usually located in: Macintosh HD/Users/Library/Application Support/Spectrasonics/SAGE/SAGE Libraries/EXP Libraries and copy the "Xpander Name.db" file from the disc to this location.
- Navigate back to the Xpander disc in your drive.
- Find the SAGE Folder on the disc. Now locate the following directory: Stylus RMX/Patches/Multis and copy the "Xpander Name Multi" folder here in its entirety.
- Navigate to the SAGE folder on your computer's hard drive, usually located in: Macintosh HD/Users/Library/Application Support/Spectrasonics/SAGE/Stylus RMX/Patches/Multis/Factory Multi and paste the "Xpander Name Multi" folder to this location.
Continue this procedure until you've done so for each disc.
If you still require Technical Support about any products purchased from ILIO or an authorized ILIO Dealer, or you have a Customer Service related question, please click this link for prompt and friendly service. You may also call our California support line at 818-707-3655.