VST OSX/Win, AU OSX, AAX, RTAS OSX/Win, 32/64-bit support.
Omnisphere 2.0 - Time to Make Some Noise!
After many years of development, Spectrasonics™ are thrilled to announce Omnisphere 2. This is the first v2.0 of any Spectrasonics instrument and it's truly a gigantic one! Check out the new feature list and the video introduction by Spectrasonics Founder and Creative Director, Eric Persing.
by Spectrasonics adds a vast amount of new synthesis and creative capabilities for sound designers, plus significant user interface improvements to the industry-leading Omnisphere. It includes the most requested new feature, Audio Import for user-created audio files, plus 100 times the number of DSP Oscillator waveforms, morphing Wavetables, new granular synthesis options, over 3,000 unique new sounds, 25 new FX units, an enhanced User Interface, and innovative production/browsing features such as Sound Match to instantly locate any related sounds in the library. Browsing patches has never been more creative than with the new Sound Lock function, which lets the user create endless patch variations by locking certain sound parameters while browsing other patches.
Vast New Synthesis Possibilities:
- Audio Import - Use your own audio file as a soundsource in Omnisphere
- Over 400 New DSP Waveforms for the Synth Oscillator - an increase of 100X
- Wavetable Synthesis - Each Waveform is now a Morphing Wavetable
- Powerful New Granular Synthesis algorithm
- Deeper FM/Ring Mod capabilities for aggressive timbres
- 8 New Filter Types - New Power Filters, Vowel, Resonators
- New Unison Drift models Analog Polysynth behavior
- Expanded Modulation with new sources and many more targets
- Polyphonic LFO and Modulation Envelope options
- Soundsource Reversing
Now includes over 12,000 sounds!
- More than 4,500 New patches and soundsources from acclaimed Spectrasonics Sound Design Team
- New Omnisphere EDM library with cutting-edge, modern sounds
- New Exclusive Soundsources from Diego Stocco's Custom Built Instruments
- New category of Phrase-based Soundsources for granular synthesis
- Hundreds of new Circuit Bent Soundsources
- Many Innovative new Psychoacoustic Soundsources
- New Melodic Cave Stalactites Soundsources
- …and much, much more!
- Redesigned Wider User Interface with many improvements
- New Show Modulation pane opens modulation routings/sources on left side
- New Mini-Browser available at all times
- Larger Full Browser Design
Enhanced Browsing Experience:
- Sound Match™ feature instantly locates any related sounds in the library
- Sound Lock™ allows endless useful variations by locking sound aspects while you browse
- Easy Sound/Project Sharing for collaborators and third party libraries
- Greatly Improved sound organization system
- Fast Progressive Loading allows rapid auditioning
- Browse Patches by Mood
- Expanded Genres
- Browse by Oscillator type
- Boolean search options
New Arpeggiator Features:
- Note transposition for step seq-style patterns
- Arp pattern lock while browsing
- Speed Offset control allows slow down/speed up effects
- New modulation capabilities
25 New FX Units:
- Quad Resonator
- Thriftshop Speaker
- Classic Twin
- Rock Stack
- Stompbox Modeler
- Metalzone Distortion
- Toxic Smasher
- Foxxy Fuzz
- Analog Phaser
- Analog Flanger
- Analog Chorus
- Analog Vibrato
- Solina Ensemble
- Vintage Tremolo
- Envelope Filter
- Crying Wah
- Precision Compressor
- Studio 2-Band EQ
Flexible New FX Features:
- 16 FX units per patch
- Full matrix modulation of every FX slot
- New Aux FX rack per patch with Pre/Post fader sends
- Hundreds of New FX Presets and Racks
- Lock FX while browsing
- Live Mode with key splits
- Enhanced Orb with Attractor mode
- Tweak Trilian Custom Controls Interface inside Omnisphere
- Global Clock Speed (Halftime, Doubletime, etc)
- and more!
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL USERS
• 2.4 GHz or higher processor
• 4GB RAM minimum, 8GB or more recommended
• Dual Layer compatible DVD-ROM drive
• 64GB of free hard drive space
• OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion or higher
• AU, VST 2.4 or higher, RTAS/AAX capable host software
• Audio Unit plugin requires host with support for "Cocoa" based plugins
• Native 64-bit and 32-bit on OSX
• VST 2.4 or higher, RTAS/AAX capable host software
• Microsoft Windows 7/Vista compatible
• Native 64-bit and 32-bit on Windows
Q: Who qualifies for a FREE Upgrade to Omnisphere 2?
A: New customers who purchase Omnisphere 1.x between October 2014 and May 2015.
Q: What is the upgrade pricing?
A: VIP upgrades are available for $199* to customers who own Omnisphere, Trilian, and Stylus RMX (Standard Licenses, no license transfer/NFR). Standard Upgrade price is $249* for all Omnisphere 1 customers (Standard and Transfer Licenses).
Q: Where can I purchase the UPGRADE to Omnisphere 2.0 when it's available April 30, 2015?
A: You'll be able to purchase the upgrade from ILIO and your favorite dealer, as well as directly from the Spectrasonics website.
Q: Will all my projects saved with Omnisphere 1.x sounds and settings work with Omnisphere 2?
Q: Will the ILIO EDM Patch collections work with Omnisphere 2?
A: Yes! Upon release of Omnisphere 2, The ILIO EDM patches will have a new file format for Omnisphere 2 which will allow for drag-and-drop installation.
* Sales tax for California and Texas residents not included.
Sound on Sound Magazine
"With new sounds numbering in their thousands and a search facility that delivers the inspirational as a matter of routine, upgrading still seems like a no-brainer to me, whether you care for the technical advances or not. The best software synth just got better. ...this is a solid upgrade that successfully avoids any sense of bloat or feature-creep."
"Ultimately, Omnisphere 2 is a tremendous follow-up that takes the synth to the next level and beyond....it's an instrument that you simply have to own."
Music Tech Magazine
"A superb upgrade on one of the finest virtual instruments money can buy. Omnisphere 2 oozes class and sophistication and should be an essential purchase for all."
"This is a fantastic upgrade to an already legendary virtual synth."
"It's not an exaggeration to say there are worlds inside this instrument, and it would be possible to create an entire rock opera, cinematic score, or techno masterpiece using only the sounds within Omnisphere. If you're looking for the best software instrument around, look no further and prepare to dive in."
"If you haven't at least heard of Omnisphere by now, you've probably been living under a rock...this is a powerful synth with a huge array of sonic potential—so much so that assuming your analog instrument sounds are covered elsewhere, Omnisphere could provide all the additional in-the-box sounds you ever need."
"Omnisphere is... a tool that any musician/composer/producer should consider adding to his shopping list."
"Omnisphere 2 is something like the Ferrari of soft synths...The sonic power and extreme possibilities are such that if you only buy one synth, hardware or software, over time you'll become more and more grateful that you made it this one. Omnisphere remains one of the deepest synthesisers, hard or soft, that exists."
"This synth is a must-have for any virtual synthesist. The upgrade for current users is ...well worth it for one of the few virtual synthesizers that can truly be called a classic."