Vienna Instruments Pro 2
By Vienna Symphonic Library
AU/VST/AAX Native/RTAS compatible host (also works stand-alone)
Requires the ViennaKey.
$145 Vienna Instruments Pro 2 (includes 3 licenses)
- SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Vienna Instruments Pro 2 will improve your work-flow dramatically. We’ve included a host of features that will not only make your creative process faster and easier, but also add human behavior to your music.
Based on our immensely improved proprietary audio engine, you can customize all presets and VOLUME CONTENTS to your preferred way of creating music. Stack multiple instruments in a single instance of Vienna Instruments Pro 2, play them with polyphonic legato, and breathe even more life into the samples by controlling the performance accuracy of your virtual musicians in real-time, at the touch of a single fader. Super fast loading-times, time stretching, built-in reverb and EQ, and an intuative user interface with basic and advanced views – among so many other cool features – come together to create a powerhouse of orchestral production that will add life to your music in ways you never imagined.
Click the "Video" tab to see and hear what Vienna Instruments Pro 2 has in store for you!
NEW: VI Pro Remote App for Tablets
Vienna Instruments Pro now comes with a free Remote App for both iOS (5.1 or later) and Android (4.0 or later) tablet PCs. Use your tablet as a convenient external MIDI controller when recording in your sequencer, sending key switches and controller data for the selected Vienna Instruments Pro instance. Articulation switches and fader movements (such as Master Volume, Velocity Crossfade, Expression, Tuning, etc.) can be controlled and recorded instantly in real-time, and even multiple faders can be moved simultaneously.
- Real-time wireless touch-pad remote control for Vienna Instruments Pro.
- Control your Vienna Instruments Pro instances on multiple computers from one tablet.
- Replaces MIDI slider boxes and complex key-switch setups.
- Elegant screen real estate control, using your tablet’s browser – no download from app stores!
- Embedded MIDI driver in your DAW for synchronized interaction.
- Automatic Activation Mode: Automatically display on your tablet the Vienna Instruments Pro instance that is being performed via MIDI.
- Unleash the power of Vienna Instruments Pro’s internal APP Sequencer with great sequencer control options (available when APP Sequencer is activated in a Vienna Instruments Pro instance).
System Requirementsfor VI Pro Remote App
- Vienna Instruments Pro (latest build)
- Apple iPad: iOS 5.1 (or later).
- Other tablets: Android 4.0 (or later) with Chrome or Firefox browser.
- 10" tablets recommended.
The VI Pro Remote App is not available from the iTunes or Android store. Download the latest version of Vienna Instruments Pro 2 from your Vienna user account which contains futher instructions.
Features in Vienna Instruments Pro 2
The Vienna Instruments Pro 2 player loads all of your existing and future Vienna Instruments sample collections.†
While the current Vienna Instruments Player is still included as free software with any Vienna Instruments Collection, Vienna Instruments Pro 2 is available as an optional download. One Vienna Instruments Pro 2 purchase comes with 3 licenses for running the software on up to 3 computers at the same time.
- APP Sequencer – The internal Auto-Playback and Pattern Sequencer offers a vast variety of orchestral patterns and voicings. Trigger rhythmic patterns, runs and accompanying arrangements of the whole orchestra at the touch of a single key!
- Enabling/Disabling of Cells – Load huge presets with hundreds of VOLUME CONTENTS in no time, and without taxing your RAM. Specific VOLUME CONTENTS get loaded only when you “enable” their cells with a simple double-click. Disable cells to clear samples from RAM, while keeping all patch settings intact.
- Auto Cell Naming – Easily identify all loaded VOLUME CONTENTS by their cell names.
- Auto Humanization – Assign appropriate performance accuracy settings to all of your loaded VOLUME CONTENTS at once.
- Enveloped Time Stretching – Easily determine which part of an articulation should be manipulated and adjust the speed of a portamento or the attack of a staccato.
- SSD ready – Load 10 times more samples into your RAM, 10 times faster, by reducing the sample preload buffer size when using Solid State Drives.
- Scale Editor – Change the pitch of specific notes of your scales to customize your microtunings.
- Extended Instrument Ranges – Extend the range of each articulation up to two whole tones (both in the high and low register) by simply grabbing the handles on the virtual keyboard.
- Human Performance Control for adjusting the timing and intonation of your virtual musicians.
- Polyphonic legato.
- Super-fast loading times, even after cold starting. Load progress bar. You can even play the sounds while the sample patches are still loading!
- New GUI design: Basic View for an easy overview. Advanced View displays all of the important parameters in the same window.
- Tuning scales: You can even switch scales using controllers while you’re playing, e.g., from just intonation to an Arabic scale, or use your own scales.
- Time stretching – works great on staccatos, runs, crescendos, etc.
- Built-in reverb (algorithmic for low latency).
- New options for switching VOLUME CONTENTS, e.g., sequence map and interval map.
- Slot rack for up to 8 VOLUME CONTENTS per cell with volume slider and power panning for each patch. Stack your own powerful multi-instruments using auto voicing.
- Separate volume control and EQ for each matrix.
- Many options to customize your patches and VOLUME CONTENTS for your personal work-flow.
- New browser with search function.
- Keyboard display with 128 keys, showing all key switches, with adjustable volume zones and instrument ranges for stacked instruments.
† Please note that only VIENNA INSTRUMENTS Collections (DVD Instruments and Download Instruments) can be loaded into Vienna Instruments Pro 2. Former sample libraries of the First/Pro Edition, the Horizon series or 3rd party libraries (e.g., for Native Instruments’ Kontakt) are not supported.
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- Mac OS X 10.8 (latest update) or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo
- for MIRx: see recommended CPU requirements below
- 2 GB RAM (with MIRx: 4 GB RAM)
- ViennaKey (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- eLicenser Control Center software (get the latest version from www.eLicenser.net)
Other configurations may work but are not actively supported.
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- Mac OS X 10.9 (latest update) or higher, i5/i7/Xeon
- Fast separate hard drive (7200 rpm or SSD drive)
- with MIRx: 12 GB RAM or more
- AU/VST/AAX Native/RTAS compatible host (also works stand-alone)
- RTAS version requires Pro Tools 7.3 or higher
- AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard
Vienna Instruments Pro: Overview
Vienna Symphonic Library Product Manager, Paul Steinbauer takes us through an overview of Vienna Instruments Pro. Vienna Instruments Pro, the most powerful sample player on the market, will improve your work-flow dramatically. The Vienna developers included a host of new features that will not only make your creative process faster and easier, but also add human behavior to your music.
Vienna Instruments Pro: Human Performance Control – Human Imperfection at its Best
Vienna Symphonic Library Product Manager, Paul Steinbauer takes us through the Human Performance Control found in Vienna Instruments Pro. Individual instruments can be Humanized separately and in real-time, from subtle tuning and timing variations to heavy cluster effects.
Vienna Instruments Pro: Human Performance Control – Human Imperfection at its Best
Vienna Symphonic Library Product Manager, Paul Steinbauer takes us through the Polyphonic Legato feature of Vienna Instruments Pro.
Vienna Instruments Pro: Human Performance Control – Human Imperfection at its Best
Vienna Symphonic Library Product Manager, Paul Steinbauer takes us through the Time Stretching - Staccatissimo, and like features of Vienna Instruments Pro. These features work great on, e.g., staccatos, runs, crescendos etc.
Vienna Instruments Pro: Virtual Keyboard – Much more than just "Keys"
Vienna Symphonic Library Product Manager, Paul Steinbauer takes us through the Virtual Keyboard of Vienna Instruments Pro. Not only does it display 128 keys, it also shows all key switches, with adjustable volume zones and instrument ranges for stacked instruments.
Vienna Instruments Pro: Multi-Instrument Presets – Stacking Instruments
Vienna Symphonic Library Product Manager, Paul Steinbauer takes us through a tour of the Multi-Instrument Presets, showing how you can stack instruments in Vienna Instruments Pro.
Vienna Instruments: Auto Voicing – Distributing Voices to Your Fingertips
Vienna Symphonic Library Product Manager, Paul Steinbauer takes us through a tour of the Auto Voicing capabilities found in Vienna Instruments Pro.
Vienna Instruments Pro: New Matrix Features – At a Glance
Vienna Symphonic Library Product Manager, Paul Steinbauer takes us through a tour of the new Matrix features found in Vienna Instruments Pro.
Vienna Instruments Pro: Sequence Map – A New Matrix Controller
Vienna Symphonic Library Product Manager, Paul Steinbauer takes us through a tour of the Sequence Map, a new Matrix controller found in Vienna Instruments Pro.
Vienna Instruments Pro: Interval Map – Another New Matrix Controller
Vienna Symphonic Library Product Manager, Paul Steinbauer takes us through a tour of the Interval Map, another new Matrix controller found in Vienna Instruments Pro.
Vienna Instruments Pro: Keyswitch Velocity – Yet Another New Matrix Controller
Vienna Symphonic Library Product Manager, Paul Steinbauer takes us through yet another new Matrix controller: Keyswitch Velocity in Vienna Instruments Pro.
Vienna Instruments Pro: Performance Repetitions – Pick and Mix your Favorites
Vienna Symphonic Library Product Manager, Paul Steinbauer takes us through a tour of the Performance Repetitions feature of Vienna Instruments Pro. This allows you to pick and mix your favorite repetition samples.
Vienna has received dozens of awards and critical acclaim for its complete line of products.
mipa Award 2010
At the 11th mipa ceremony at Musikmesse Frankfurt 2010 the Vienna Symphonic Library picked up its 6th mipa trophy. 117 magazines from all over the world voted for the best products of 2009/2010 in more than 40 categories, among them the Vienna Symphonic Library in the category of Sound Libraries.
Future Music Platinum Award for Vienna Imperial
In the January 2010 issue of Future Music Magazine, Editor Jono Buchanan states: “(…) Vienna Imperial is the best-sounding sampled piano I've ever played and heard”, rewarding it with a Future Music Platinum Award. In the past, Vienna Symphonic Library's products have been awarded twice by the British Magazine.
mipa Award 2009
At the 10th mipa ceremony at Musikmesse Frankfurt 2009 the Vienna Symphonic Library picked up its 5th mipa trophy. 112 magazines from all over the world voted for the best products of 2008/2009 in about 40 categories, among them the Vienna Special Edition in the category of Sound Libraries.
Electronic Musician's 2008 Editors’ Choice Award for the Vienna Special Edition
We’re especially honored having received the 3rd Editors’ Choice Award from the editors of Electronic Musician magazine. Our all-in-one orchestral Vienna Instruments Collection won this prestigious award in the category of Best Virtual Orchestra.
Remix Technology Award 2008 for Appassionata Strings
The Remix Technology Awards (RTA) honor the top professional audio and DJ products of the year. Award winners are selected by writers and editors of Remix and Electronic Musician magazines. The Vienna Instruments Collection Appassionata Strings has been voted for as the winner 2008 in the Sample Playback Instrument category.
Keyboard Key Buy Award for Vienna Special Edition
In the August 07 issue of Keyboard Magazine, Editor at Large John Krogh concludes, “Detailed, up-front sound. Wide range of dynamics and articulations. Clever, musically intuitive software interface. World-class orchestral samples at an affordable price.”
Future Music Platinum Awards for Vienna Special Edition and Elements
In the August 07 issue of Future Music Magazine, Jono Buchanan “can’t find enough superlatives to describe the Special Edition”.
Already in the May 07 issue, Jono was equally excited about the Vienna Instruments Collection Elements: “The boffins at VSL have really let their hair down with a percussion library to die for!”
4th m.i.p.a. Award for Vienna Symphonic Library
For the fourth time, the Vienna Symphonic Library has been presented with the prestigious “m.i.p.a. Award” (Musikmesse International Press Award). This year the m.i.p.a. community included more than 100 magazines whose editors voted for the Symphonic Cube in the category of “Sound Libraries”.
Electronic Musician's 2007 Editor's Choice Award for the Symphonic Cube
The Symphonic Cube has won a 2007 Electronic Musician Editors' Choice Award for Best Virtual Orchestra. This prestigious award will be formally announced in the January 2007 issue of Electronic Musician magazine.
Future Music Platinum Award
British Future Music magazine compared several virtual string instruments in their September 2006 issue. The test concluded with a Platinum Award for the winner: Vienna Instruments!
Symphonic Cube wins TEC Award 2006!
One of the 2006 Technical Excellence & Creativity Awards for Outstanding Technical Achievement has been bestowed upon the Vienna Symphonic Library. The readers of Mix Magazine chose the Symphonic Cube as the leading product in the broad category of Musical Instruments Technology.
The ceremony was held on October 7 at the San Francisco Hilton, on the second night of the 2006 AES Convention.
“We are extremely honored, proud, and happy having received the most prestigious award of the industry,” says Herb Tucmandl, creator and founder of the Vienna Symphonic Library. “I want to thank the whole team for their continuing efforts to create revolutionary products. Heartfelt thanks go to Christian Teuscher, the mastermind and software guru behind Vienna Instruments’ advanced technology. He managed to tame our unimaginable number of samples by creating these easy-to-use software instruments that are really fun to play.
MIX Certified Hit
Vienna Instruments were listed as among the Top-10 technology hits of the Winter NAMM Show reported in Mix Magazine, March 2006 issue, by the editors of the magazine.
m.i.p.a. Award 2006
Vienna Symphonic Library received the prestiguous “m.i.p.a. 2006“ (Musikmesse International Press Award). The mipa-community encompasses about 80 music magazines from all over the world to vote for the best products in more than 40 categories. This is already the third “m.i.p.a. award“ for the Vienna Symphonic Library.
m.i.p.a. Award 2004
At the Musikmesse 2004 in Frankfurt the Vienna Symphonic Library was announced as the winner of the mipa Award 2004 in the category of “Sound Library”. We are pleased to be chosen by 56 International Music Magazines for the 2nd year in a row. More than 300 international representatives of manufacturers and distributors have joined the 5th mipa Awards Show.
EQ Magazine's Exceptional Quality Award
The Vienna Symphonic Library Team expresses its thanks to EQ Magazine for being among the first-time-ever winners of EQ´s "Exceptional Quality Award". After receiving our very first award, EQ´s Blue Ribbon Award in January 2003, we are very honored and proud to be the winner of the second accolade from this renowned trade magazine.
Electronic Musician's Editor's Choice Award
The Vienna Symphonic Library received the Editor´s Choice Award 2004 of Electronic Musician in the category of Sample Libraries for "having generated the most enthusiasm for its attention to detail and its ambitious scope […] Several of the editors were especially pleased by this library's sound quality, and everyone agreed that it was an impressive undertaking. [...] Vienna Symphonic Library's sheer size, great sound quality, thoughtful organization, future expandability, and high-end features make it a sample collection that's hard to beat.
m.i.p.a. Award 2003
In 2003 the Vienna Symphonic Library was announced for the first time as the winner of the mipa Award in the category of “Sound Library”.
EQ Blue Ribbon Winner
In 2003 the Vienna Symphonic Library won the EQ Blue Ribbon Award, the predecessor of the Exceptional Quality Award.
Game Audio Network Award
The First Edition of the Vienna Symphonic Library won the award for Best Sound Library of the Game Audio Network Guild, a non-profit organization established to promote excellence in interactive music and sound.
TEC Award 2003 Nominee
In May 2003 the renowned American trade magazine “Mix Magazine” nominated the Vienna Symphonic Library for the “TEC Award 2003” in the category of “Outstanding Technical Achievement.
The Vienna Business Agency (WWFF – Wiener Wirtschaftsförderungsfonds) awarded first place to the company Vienna Symphonic Library in its Call “Creative Industries”. This award was bestowed upon the Vienna Symphonic Library for the research project of a spatial audio mixing-engine for virtual symphonic orchestration based on the concept of multi-impulse convolution (MIR).